CRNI Annual Report 2009 Summary
Cartoon by Arcadio Esquivel, CagleCartoons.com.
Cartoonists Rights Network International’s Mission is to
monitor and support the well-being of editorial cartoonists and their families who find themselves in danger due to the power and influence of their professional work.
CRNI achieves its mission by:
- Working directly with editorial cartoonists in danger to address their legal, familial and safety issues;
- Posting alerts about cartoonists in danger;
- Launching letter-writing campaigns on behalf of cartoonists in danger;
- Educating the general public about free speech and freedom of expression issues as they relate to editorial cartooning;
- Posting global updates on free speech and expression issues and cases via our website;
- Maintaining and displaying a global archive of cartoons that have triggered human rights abuses inflicted upon authoring cartoonists;
- Organizing and facilitating Freedom of Expression Workshops for editorial cartoonists, and;
- Honoring the courage of an editorial cartoonist with our annual Award for Courage in Editorial Cartooning.
Click here to view a pdf copy of the 2009 Annual Report.